SCAM ALERT!
Dear genuine Vanguard Online Community Members. I wish to bring to your notice that our revered community has been compromised by some unscrupulous individuals have decided to use this forum as a pad to perpetuate SCAM. I have one of such letters written to me to foster a relationship that I know will lead to disaster. This mail is targeted at successful men of 40 and above. (I am sure there must be one for women too)The first mail always reads:

''risa donatus has added you as a friend on Vanguard Online Community

Am Risa a lovely girl,and i drop at your profile,i love what i saw Please contact me direct to my email address for me to send my picture and further communications.
risa_41baby@yahoo.com

then a follow up:
Dearest,
How was your night over there in your country and the day,i believe you had a nice night and that the altmosphere over there in your country is very nice today? Mine was a little bit warm over here in Dakar Senegal .

My name is Risa Donatus i am (24yrs) but age ,distance, or colour doesn't matter in a real relationship,so i am comfortable with your age,I am from Cote d' Ivoire in West Africa ,5.4ft tall, fair in complexion, single,(never married ) and presently i am residing here in Dakar as a result of the civil war that was fought in my country some years ago.

My late father DR WILLIAMS DONATUS was the managing director of COCOA EXPORTING INDUSTRIES (Ltd) in ABIDJAN (the capital city of COTE D'IVOIRE ,my country) before the rebels attacked our house one early morning and killed my mother and my father in cold blood.
It was only me that is alive now and I managed to make my way to a near by country SENEGAL where i am leaving now as a refugee under a Revrend father's care and i am using his computer to send these message to you.
I would like to know more about you.Your likes and dislikes,your hobbies and what you are doing presently.I will tell you more about myself in my next mail.Attached here is my picture.
Hoping to hear from you soonest
Yours forever
Risa

These letters came through our community wit the photo of a beautiful girl attached.. Please beware of such and similar letters as I am sure the vanguard online community will not be to blame if you become a victim of such shallowfraud.

Views: 2409

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you very much for this interesting observation. I also got similar mail which I have responded to in the best manner. About a month ago, I got similar mail through my yahoo address with the same contents and everything. Immediately I got this, I knew it was a hoax and I replied to the fraudster in the best manner. Another letter still came after the hostile response I gave that I should help as I am the only hope. I knew this was the hand work of the useless fraudsters in Nigeria. The writer claimed she is from Cote d'Ivoire and resident in Refugee Camp in Senegal. It is a lie. A citizen of Cote d'Ivoire!! What interest does she have in our Vanguard? To those who have ears, let them hear, hence anybody that falls prey of the fraudulent practice will have himself to blame. Thanks.

http://www.facebook.com/PrintingRechargeCards/posts/301348913304196 Secrets OF Making 100,000 Printing GSM Recharge for more info click on this link http://ning.it/1181lJd E-mail s_nd2009@yahoo.com 07066067134

Hi

I got the same crap and I knew it was one of those Nigerian's 419. I did not get the reply as I put it in the bin.

Shehu

http://www.facebook.com/PrintingRechargeCards/posts/301348913304196 Secrets OF Making 100,000 Printing GSM Recharge for more info click on this link http://ning.it/1181lJd E-mail s_nd2009@yahoo.com 07066067134

Funny! I had one of such fake relationship request. Same story line. But thank God i never gave in.
THANKS BROTHER, I NOTICE IT AND I WAS SCARED THAT WE ARE NOT SAFE ON THIS SITE, THANKS FOR YOUR ALERT!
I`m so used to them that I enjoy playing along, funny enough, it`s always the same story line and at times same picture for different identities, notwithstanding, it`s a good thing you have decided to alert and enlightened us all.
An eye- opener!. thanks so much for this.
Thank you Vanguard for the alert. Fortunately I just survivrd them. Hear my story! I joined Badoo which is a type of Social media like this your own. I posted my picture on it and somebody wrote me a letter that she has saw my picture and became interested in me. She gave me her email to reach her directly in spite of the fact that my profile says Im already married. She promised me that anything I want will be given to me may be thinking that everyman you see on the road is crazy of the skirt. Infact that her posture was what discouraged me. First she started by telling how beautiful, loving, kind, good, caring and all those bla bla bla, she is. When she learnt Im in England she felt ah I need him. She told me about her parents' how her father who was a former minister in Sudan was killed by rebels and their house burnt down and now she is in refugee camp in senegal. And how she needed to continue with her education but could not bc of war. All the while I was seeing a picture of a young preety girl in need and has already decided inside me to discuss with my wife on how we can be of assistance to save a dying soul. But unfortunately towards the end of the letter she started telling me about her Father's wealth trapped somewhere which nobody knows about but bc of trust she wants to tell me about it and see if I can help her get it back. How can you say you trust me the first day you wrote a mail not even seen me or know much about me. You can see the gap in that trick. But anyway at that point I deleted all her mail. My people, just be careful with who you deal with. Alway approach everybody with open mind censored by caution. If you are not dubious or greedy or both nobody can defaud you trust my words. You will always read inbetween the lines. I wsh you all luck !!! Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only greedy people can be scammed. If you fall a victim; it tells me that you greedy. God help us.
Thanks for the mail and observation, this means we are careful enough not to fall into the hands of criminals.
please let me advise that we should not be greedy that's only way they will get us.

RSS

Forum Categories

© 2020   Created by Vanguard Media Ltd.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service