Why is chattin with a person for the first time always difficult especially for nigerians?. I hear questions like "WHO ARE", "HOW DID U COME ACROSS MY NAME", "DO I KNOW YOU FROM ANYWHERE"......................ETC.How can we overcome this ?

Views: 559

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

you knw nigerians ' what is not a issue they make us belif is a big deal, if nt so why do we make friends if nt dat u want to knw about the person' to mee i see it as noting only if i dnt want to mak u my friend. am free to chat with introduce myself get to knw u beta; doing that will make me know u too. so my guy u dnt need to worry ur self about at cos sometime is of no use. sorry are u on facebook if so i wil lik us to be a friend.
Samson,
Cultures effect lots of things as people will want you greet them before feeling free to chat with you though for some no wahala just chat on in as much as you interesting so what i do is try build some level of politeness then chat on if the person is finding it difficult then move on, there are endless number of people you can chat with.
It is difficult cos, a typical Nigerian is a questionnar. Moreso, more than half of the population have dubious character. Therefore, one will want to know if the person you are chating with, is a familiar person or not. Knowing this will help you over come some of the fears in mind.
Kate, its not only nigerians that does that but a conventional phenomenon. its just like when some one comes to your house in the middle of the night to knock at ur door. what do u do? do u open ur door without questionning the person? and even when the person mensions an unusual name, u try to question him or her the more. that is how the area of chatting with a person u do not know is. but lets try our best to be polite in all the responses that we give.

Kate Ayakor said:
It is difficult cos, a typical Nigerian is a questionnar. Moreso, more than half of the population have dubious character. Therefore, one will want to know if the person you are chating with, is a familiar person or not. Knowing this will help you over come some of the fears in mind.
Yeah they use to say that. You knw s*** happens...But you know me. Am a pimp by blood, not relation, no be mai mai. If a gurl diss at you, then you pull her back up. Tell her she resemble a monkey or a donkey.
I think its an individual "weakness"...meeting somebody for the first time on-line is not really a "big deal".
You can begin a polite chat conversation with expressions like, "May i meet you pls.","Who am i speaking(chating)with pls.",etc...but don't forget also that on-line conversation requires maximum TRUST,so lets learn to be sincere so that even people you've not met one-on-one can trust you & do also give people the opportunity to meet you on-line when the need arises...But if "They" mess up,discard them immediately.Ciao!
Infact, if someone u does not know is calling or email u is ur right to ask about the person cos u dont who is who
i do also have such difficult. the question at time is "do u have to know people before u talk to them or talk to them and get to know them". even you fellow nigeria act like it's a big deal. when u don't give chances then how can u explore? men thanks for your topic.
Thnaks,man.I applicable to both sex,african & non africans.Especially,nigerian outside of the country are even more difficult
bother i will let u know that it is one day people get know to their self therefore, if somebody text u an email is ur duty to ask who he is he will be either accepted or not.

Samson said:
Thnaks,man.I applicable to both sex,african & non africans.Especially,nigerian outside of the country are even more difficult
What about when we pick up calls from unfamiliar numbers? We're just bush people who've refused to evolve with the rest of the world hence our current situation...
My guy,thanks for that observation too.Polite approach,i just about one of the theings we really lack as nigerians.Is with the literate & worst with the illiterate.

RSS

Forum Categories

© 2020   Created by Vanguard Media Ltd.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service