Nigeria and a Cashless economy. Are we ripe for this??

Nigeria and a cashless economy. Are we truely ready for a cashless based economy. Maybe, some parts of Nigeria are much ready to accomodate the system while some others are not yet ready. In as much as it might be a great idea, we should be also be prepared to tackle the menace of hackers who will always be much around to cash in on the system. I think lagos been used as a test ground is a good idea. The lessons learnt from lagos experience should be used to improve on the Nigeria cashless economic system in general. I believe we can do it, yes we can.

Views: 545

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Who can. Can.

I believe we are.  Rome was not built in a day and the journey of one million kilos starts with a step.  The most important  aspect of a journey is the take off.  Actually it cannot come without challenges but I believe that CBN will be on hand to address the challenges as they come.

Mr. Charlse, i totally agree with your opinion. I also think its about time Nigerians stop being pessimistic but show optimism in support of any initiative considered good. The beginning of the cashless regime will no doubt be associated with many hitches but we'll learn from them and become better. I also urge the necessary modalities needed to be put in place in order to make the less developed parts of the country accomodate the system be fast tracked so they wont be left out for too long or made to feel backward in benefiting from such developments. Gradually we'll get there. Yes we can do it.

Nigeria cannot afford to be left behind in this era of technology. We must move along with the times and pay the price associated with it.

I know and I quite understand it is good to be optimistic, but not at the expense of reason. The truth about the cashless economy thing is that like many other things 'we are not ripe for it' Already, over 60% of our population live 'cashless' day by day with little hope to have a heavy purse someday or anyday soon. Of what importance is an ATM to a woman roasting maize by the road side? Julius Nyerere, first Tanzania president once said "if the west go to the moon, let us (Africa) go back to the grassroot" The rural majority in Nigeria is constantly being marginalized and the poverty level is increasing at an increasing rate, yet, we talk about cashless economy when the people are already cashless.

When do you think Nigeria can be ready for this?

Omojarabi Olorunfemi Wasiu said:

I know and I quite understand it is good to be optimistic, but not at the expense of reason. The truth about the cashless economy thing is that like many other things 'we are not ripe for it' Already, over 60% of our population live 'cashless' day by day with little hope to have a heavy purse someday or anyday soon. Of what importance is an ATM to a woman roasting maize by the road side? Julius Nyerere, first Tanzania president once said "if the west go to the moon, let us (Africa) go back to the grassroot" The rural majority in Nigeria is constantly being marginalized and the poverty level is increasing at an increasing rate, yet, we talk about cashless economy when the people are already cashless.

RSS

Forum Categories

© 2020   Created by Vanguard Media Ltd.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service