NATIONAL AGENCY FOR FOOD AND DRUG ADMINISTRATION AND CONTROL (NAFDAC) VETERINARY MEDICINE AND ALLIED PRODUCTS (VMAP) DIRECTORATE GUIDELINE REQUIREMENT FOR OBTAINING PERMIT TO IMPORT BULK PESTICIDES, AGROCHEMICALS AND FERTILIZERS
1. These guidelines are for the interest of the general public, and in particular manufacturers and importers of Pesticides, Agrochemicals, Organic fertilizer and Fertilizers in Nigeria.
2. It is necessary to emphasise that no importation shall be made by any importer of Pesticides, Agrochemicals, Organic fertilizer and Fertilizers without obtaining import permit in accordance with provisions of NAFDAC ACT CAP N1 LFN 2004.
3. The Importing Company must be duly registered in Nigeria with facilities to effect a recall of the product when necessary.
1. Application shall submit an application letter for Import Permit to import bulk Pesticides, Agrochemicals, Organic fertilizer and Fertilizers to the Director General, (NAFDAC) ATTENTION: The Director, Veterinary Medicines & Allied Products Directorate, Plot 1, 3rd Floor Isolo Industrial Estate, Oshodi-Apapa Express Way Isolo, Lagos State
2. The applicant shall obtain the prescribed application form on payment of prescribed fee. The application Forms should be duly completed and signed by the Managing Director and Technical Officer.
1. An application for Import Permit shall be submitted with the following documents:
a) Dully filled application form
b) Certificate of Incorporation..Read more ( New applicant only)