MY BUHARI STORY.

It is a shame for President Jonathan's supporters and handlers to throw flimsy accusations at his main opposition in the race for the heart of the people, leaving issues that are germane to the position they both seek.

To carry bull horns in aid of blaring out to all that Buhari repressed democracy in a military regime is red-herring and should not be paid any serious attention. As a law student, I was taught and do believe that the worst civilian rule is better than the best military regime, yet I make bold to state that Buhari-Idiagbon military putsch  of 1983 came at a time Nigeria needed to arrest the wanton waste of lives and destruction of properties that followed the 1983 general elections carnage in Nigeria.

I have every reason to passionately dislike Buhari, for to me back then, he truncated the free flow of splendour and opulence that we enjoyed while growing up, until his regime was toppled in an unjustifiable coup led by Babangida, a man I admire and hope my admiration is not robbed and rubbed off by recent leanings.

Multi millions in naira, dollars, British pounds were in flight from Nigeria prelude to the Buhari-Idiagbon led putsch. Cronies, friends and family members of those close to the federal government curried favours and BIG contracts – I can attest to this; insecurity, loss of lives and properties were the order of those days, civility was thrown out of society and only a firmer grip could salvage the situation.

Only the discerning can see that we are yet at that precipice, heightened and more frightening than before - for now, not only our money and resources are being frittered away in foreign and local domains, part of our corporate existence has been annexed by a group made up of rag tags who at inception were not as trained as our military, but now threaten to take up more of our territory.

Within the cut-short Buhari-Idiagbon regime, there was DISCIPLINE, the tonic for virtue. The road side "vulganiser” readjusted, the newspaper vendor readjusted, market men and women readjusted, civil servants readjusted, drivers readjusted, students complied. One wonders if the regime had been given just a little more time, the percentage of forthright citizens it would have made of Nigerians.

Instead of throwing wild, flimsy and unproven accusations in the bid to discredit and colour bad one of the known forthright Nigerians in our history till date, I will advise the handlers and sympathisers of the opposition to Buhari to take a grip and address issues that affect the wellbeing of Nigeria and Nigerians and hope their lies will sell this time.

We all have reasons to make the right or wrong decision, but we should measure such decisions with the four tests, most especially this golden one, "will it be beneficial to all concerned."

This is my Buharistory, what is yours as we really TakebackNigeria.

Views: 1900

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I AM IN A VERY VANTAGE POSITION TO KNOW AS I WAS ALSO DETAINED BY THE SAID REGIME. I WANT TO CLEAR SOME ISSUES. BUHARI OR IDIAGBON HAVE NO HANDS IN MY DETENTION, WHICH WAS ORDERED BY BABANGIDA OR IBB WITHOUT  THE KNOWLEDGE OF BUHARI OR IDIAGBON. HE USED THE MILITARY INTELLIGENCE, JUST TO SILENCE ME BECAUSE HE BELIEVES AND KNOWS THAT I KNOW TOO MUCH ABOUT HIS SHENANIGANS. SECONDLY IBB DID NOT OVERTHROW THE REGIME OF BUHARI AS A MATTER OF FACT IBB WAS NON COMMITTAL ABOUT THAT COUP AND WAS EVEN DRAGGING HIS FEET. THE OVERTHROW OF BUHARI WAS THE HAND WORK OF ABACHA AND ONLY USED IBB, BECAUSE OF IBB'S POPULARITY WITH THE ARMY AT THAT TIME AND MADE HIM THE HEAD OF THE REGIME. IT IS TIME IBB PUTS RECORDS STRAIGHT FOR HISTORY AND POSTERITY AS TIME IS NOT ON HIS SIDE, BECAUSE HE IS A MORTAL AND MUST PASS AWAY ONE DAY. OUR POLITY NEEDS THE INJECTION OF A LOT OF SANITY AND I THINK THAT WE NEED THE LIKES OF BUHARI TO INJECT THAT SANITY INTO OUR POLITY     

Many thanks for adding a personal touch to my story.

WHAT GOODLUCK JONATHAN I HOPE WHAT I AM READING IS NOT WHAT I AM HEARING? THIS IS A MAN WHO NOT ONLY HOBNOBS WITH MILITANTS BUT HAS THEM HAS THEM AS HIS CONFIDANTS, FRIENDS AND ATTACK DOGS THE LIKES OF ASARI DOKUBO, TOMPOLO, ETC. GOODLUCK JONATHAN PLEASE STOP TALKING FROM BOTH SIDES OF YOUR MOUTH, BECAUSE WHAT IS GOOD FOR YOU MUST BE GOOD FOR YOU OPPONENTS. YOU ATTACK AND HATE, THE ISHEKIRIS, THE PEOPLE OF RIVERS STATE, THE OGONIS, THE YORUBAS, THE IBOS, THE HAUSA, FULANIS, EVEN SOME IJAW PERSONS, ETC AND NOW MEND .TELL NIGERIANS THE PEOPLE WHO WILL VOTE FOR YOU AS POLITICS IS A GAME OF NUMBERS

RSS

Forum Categories

© 2020   Created by Vanguard Media Ltd.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service