If the parent of a girl you love so much and want to marry her, insisted that you shoul join their church, otherwise, no marriage. What will you do?

Views: 154

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

church or no church what matters most is the believe of each party,ie a christian should compliment itself with its fellow christian as well as others
Any marriage based on any of such parent's urging and condition is bound to hit the rock- as it potrays lack of maturity and responsibility-and to the contrary,what should matter is what the couple thinks and decides and not what the parents commands. It couldn't have been a problem if such condition is coming from the girl or the boy,and without the overriding influence of the parents. I wil advise the boy to shun,or at least,wait...
Bro,I totally agree with u,If my inlaws will give me that condition at this stage,only God knows what they will come up with later.

Mavos said:
Any marriage based on any of such parent's urging and condition is bound to hit the rock- as it potrays lack of maturity and responsibility-and to the contrary,what should matter is what the couple thinks and decides and not what the parents commands. It couldn't have been a problem if such condition is coming from the girl or the boy,and without the overriding influence of the parents. I wil advise the boy to shun,or at least,wait...
@ Philiplaz, do you mean that the guy should accept the offer and marry her, based on both been christians? @ Movas, I believe you, such conditioned marriage don't last. It show that the man can not decide for himself and stick to it. @ Chris Ndu, God knows truely, the end may be fatal. Thank u all 4 ur contributions. I'm still waiting 4 more.
Marriage is all about love and respect.  If you find the one you love and church becomes an issue, you can mutually resolve it.  As far as the girl in question is not taking you to a shrine, then you may consider it but it should be mutually resolved.

RSS

Forum Categories

© 2020   Created by Vanguard Media Ltd.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service