It has come to our notice that the so-called "New Foreign Coach" exploration, is a deliberate ploy by the NFF, to shadow-box with the angry Nigerian resentments over the issue of Amodu and South Africa 2010. In the end, the source confirmed; the NFF- unable to conclude a contract with a high ranking foreign coach, will plead to Nigerians, for the safest option: "allow Amodu to lead the Eagles to SA." The agreement also included a back-up assistant position by Stephen Keshi.

This decision was reached after the vocal opposition (over allowance)  to Lulu, was "SETTLED" Friday night. Amodu  was then asked to continue with his World Cup project, by organizing friendlies and camping of Nigerian-based prospects. These two acts were confirmed to be uninterrupted efforts, toward the buildup for the 2010 World Cup Finals.

The public and the most vocal critics will raise hell, but the campaign is in tact and the opposition will not amount much, Lulu and co agreed.

Therefore, in the coming weeks, the NFF will engage in a charade of exploring some unwilling super coaches, while the decision to maintain Amodu has been cast in stone!

Views: 354

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nigeria should be in the top five. Clearly, our results so far has been by the gallant effort of the players - a 70% output overall. If the right coach is behind these players, we will double our efficiency and produce the maximum result. Simple, that coach must read and understand the theater and adjust, accordingly, to steer us to victorious. These qualities are lacking in Amodu.

Also, his selections are very questionable. He was forced by our forum pressures to include Obasi in Angola ... we were vindicated by Obasi's astute performance. The reality is this: there are many Obasi's sitting outside Amodu's camp, while he arrogantly - with Lulu, LORD over the country with a series of blunders. We will not allow this in SA 2010.

The man is simply, NOT a coach! Why don't you supporters of Amodu recommend him to Ireland, Russia or Egypt for substitution? I bet he will not be allowed to come over these teams to CLEAN DISHES. That's the REALITY!

Sen Pol said:
It is a good idea to allow Amodu to take the S-Eagles to South Africa, but he should learn to listen to effective opinions and suggestions of other people concerning choosing who makes the Team and fielding of players for each match.
Goodluck to Nigeria.
Mr.Olumadu,some questions for you-How many people can Amodu listen to,name one,just ONE Nigerian Player playing TOP FLIGHT football and finally Name one other country apart form England(which wih the blessing of the England Coaches Assc.agrees to Experiment) that has been succesful with a foreign coach with same support accorded an indigenous coach.Also,you may please read some of my thoughts on an earlier commentary titled"Lessons From Angola" on this same forum.
El,

Dumb Amodu listens only to Lulu - guess they are f**-ts.

Many Nigerians play top-flight football in Europe, they were either, not invited, or invited and slumped to the bench. Chidi Odiah, for example. Odiah is still & currently engaged in the champions league, where he has checkmated the likes of Rooney of ManU. He was nailed to the bench, while a bloated Yobo was paraded in disgrace.

El,it is a fact that many good players of African origin are benched in favor of their european teammates, however, triumph when giving the slightest of opportunity. Also, the perception held of your country of birth, is the most critical criteria for these coaches. In the case of Nigeria, they are perceived to be lazy - the reason we have been blacklisted after the Olympic gold generation. Golden boot candidates like Chrisantus are no longer seen through a clear lens, just for the sin of being Nigerian.

Onigbinde, Ogunjobi and Lulu, contributed immensely to this stale state of mind. However, are regurgitated in the NFF, after a series of blunders. This is the reason I believe Lulu should be blacklisted and exiled from even a mosquito league. He is too attached to Amodu - they are head-and-shoulder together - a systemic reshuffle is really a prerequisite to resolving our comatose state.

Bonfere Jo was successful with the Eagles. To me, he single-handedly raised Nigeria's status in the 90s. That's what I'm talking about: a tactician of minor input to elevate our already clever and agile Eagles - a little lift by game reading and adjusting to the storm. This amodu lacks, woefully.

In Angola, after both Ivory Coast and Cameroun where gone, I believed Nigeria would have won goal. Egypt will not see the tail of a real Eagle and Ghana's performance was very mediocre. Had Amodu introduced Kanu to add some sense to that game, I believed that would have been the easiest game for Nigeria. But he continued with is trust in castrated Martin and Yakubu to sling miracles, also the most disastrous substitutions. Despite what most people are saying, I believe Kanu is still one of the most valuable players in the team.

Anyways, I see Siasia as heir to the throne, but the tribalism in NFF will never let this happen - that is the BANE of Nigeria.

El said:
Mr.Olumadu,some questions for you-How many people can Amodu listen to,name one,just ONE Nigerian Player playing TOP FLIGHT football and finally Name one other country apart form England(which wih the blessing of the England Coaches Assc.agrees to Experiment) that has been succesful with a foreign coach with same support accorded an indigenous coach.Also,you may please read some of my thoughts on an earlier commentary titled"Lessons From Angola" on this same forum.
Nice Post......

RSS

Forum Categories

© 2020   Created by Vanguard Media Ltd.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service