Today 26th January, 2010 was Lion's Day in Jakpa Road Effurun! The fear of Lion is the beginning of wisdom. I do not know where the rumuor emanated from but all i know was today was "unofficially" declared Lion's day public holiday by some people unknown to us and majority of the pupils along Jakpa road in Effurun remained at home for fear of Lion coming to devour them.

My little nephew in pre-nursery was not allowed to school because my mother said over her dead body that he is taken to school! The news (Olofofo) had it that a prophet of God said Lion is coming out from a house in Japka road on 26th January,2010 (today) to kill. Nobody confirmed this story yet it went round like wild fire in Harmattam causing fear and panic in Jakpa and environs. You can not imagine how many phone calls i got today from my friends and family outside warri. Honestly, i could not imagine how this rumour went out so fast even though i went about my business as usual. I was even asked in one of the places i went that i dared the Lion to come out.

I had a good laugh at the end of the day because there was no Lion after all. My niece in Boarding house called me and specifically said that she heard so many Lions came to Warri and Effurun and we should all make sure we do not go anywhere today! I promised her that i wont go out - i had to lie o my people - just to assure her that i am safe, what else would you have done if you were in my shoes? Hmmm.

I over heard a little child in my neighborhood telling the mum this evening that they gave the Lion valium so that it would not kill people, that was the reason why the Lion didn't come out!

This is my story of our "Lion's day out" in Jakpa road Effurun! Thanks to God Almighty, no Lion came out. Can you imagine the number of students that didnt go to school today and the businesses that closed just because of the rumuor of Lion coming to town! Naija na wa o!

Views: 313

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Synagogue denies prophesy of killer-lion in Warri

WARRI- THE purported prophecy by a Lagos-based pastor, Temitope Joshua that a lion would run haywire, kill its owner and many other persons in Warri, Delta state, between yesterday and today has been debunked by a member of the Synagogue Church, Chief Vincent Okudolor.

Many private school owners shut down their schools yesterday in anticipation of the lion but there was none.

An angry Chief Okudolor told Vanguard, “I am surprised that people will believe such rumour and closed down their businesses even they did not verify it. I called my church headquarters and they told me our pastor, T. B. Joshua never made any such prophecy”.

“The highest authorities in the church said it’s not true that there was such a prophecy, and it there was any, it would be relayed on Emmanuel TV and the details will be put on the church’s website, so where are people getting this fake information from”, he said.

Up till yesterday, there was still tension in Warri and Effurun over the mystery lion. As at 10.00 am, some people claimed that security agents have been deployed to Jakpa area of Effurun to shoot dead the lion, which was sighted in the residence of a businessman.

However, Chief Okudulor said, “It’s all lies, there was no prophesy like that by Prophet Joshua, people should stop peddling rumour and maligning the character of other people”.
this people are taking this rumour too far, T.B JOSHUA never say this prophecy that they are claiming to hear, it better they confirm it themselve for me l have confirmed it, there was nothing like that . l called a real source from the church directly which they told me, it’s not true that there was no such prophecy and if there was any, it would be rebroadcasted on Emmanuel TV and the details will be put on the church’s website,l wonder where are people getting this trash information from.
Dis rubbish rumour dear.....
Area! I hail. I could not hold my laughter "As at 10.00 am, some people claimed that security agents have been deployed to Jakpa area of Effurun to shoot dead the lion, which was sighted in the residence of a businessman." i am sure basket mouth and co. will churn out a lot on this.
Nice Post......

RSS

Forum Categories

© 2020   Created by Vanguard Media Ltd.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service