lawmakers in nigeria to become members of parties'NEC

i think they have bitten more than they chew:lawmakers in nigeria.what is your stake on this dilema proposal by the lawmakers in nigeria?

Views: 236

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The idea is to cut the powers of the governors who see themselves as demi gods. But should this happen will the law makers not assume the role the governors play now? Either way will not solve our problems. It is a fight of supremacy between the now powerful governors and the want to be powerful lawmakers.
Their inclusion as NEC members will no doubt improve internal democracy for parties and curb the excessive powers of the governors.
They should look for legislative means of curbing the powers of the governors and not legislative means of becoming powerful.

Charles Ugochukwu Okere said:
Their inclusion as NEC members will no doubt improve internal democracy for parties and curb the excessive powers of the governors.
I donnot doubt that it will gaurantee internal democracy within the parties and help check the excessive powers of the governors, my fear is will they not assume the powers the governors play now going by their numbers and should this happpen i think its a round rugby, a case of recircling old problems

Okolobah Efe Michael said:
They should look for legislative means of curbing the powers of the governors and not legislative means of becoming powerful.

Their inclusion is nothing but for selfish purposes
Tell which politician is not selfish in Nigeria. They are one and same.

Bridget Nzeribe said:
Charles,l disagree with that.rather they're going to cause more havoc in the political scene.we're not through battling with the criminals in power then allowing lawmakers to be part and parcel of NEC,then we should be prepare to go to the warfront.

I think there is a hidden agender in the upper room. But between the lawmaker and the governors who is more powerful?

RSS

Forum Categories

© 2020   Created by Vanguard Media Ltd.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service