IS RELIGION REALLY EVIL? - (originally published in Vanguard)

IS religion evil? Wait, don’t crucify me yet. Read below and make up your mind. Even Jesus Christ had a sham trial before Pontus Pilate before he was crucified. I contend that religious wars have killed more people than AIDS, malaria, famine, holocaust all put together.

That is a fact. People have committed atrocities, discrimination, murder, hatred, rape under the disguise of religion and in the name of God. Osama Bin Laden is killing people in the name of God. Mullah Omar and the Taliban have denied women education and freedom in the name of God. David Koresh, “the last prophet” of Waco Texas, raped and physically abused young children in the name of religion.

Bob Jones Christian University refused to enroll black students until 1971 and forbade interracial dating until 2000 based on religious beliefs; “that God intended segregation of the races and that the scripture forbids interracial marriage.” Pat Robertson and Jeremiah Wright preached hatred, intolerance, discrimination all in the name of God Almighty!

Esther my friend has avoided her mom for over 10 years. “Witch craft is not my portion” she insists. Their relationship has been strained ever since her 83-year old father passed away. Their pastor insists he was killed by his wife, Esther’s mom .

“That is what happens when a Christian marries a Muslim, light and darkness don’t mix” he explains. It didn’t matter that he was elderly, diabetic and with a bad heart.

Between 1933 and 1945, six million innocent people including children were tortured, and massacred by the Nazis in Germany. Some sent to humiliating concentration camps where they were subjected to agonizing mental maltreatments.

Their only crime; they were Jews! On September 11, 2001 the landscape and mind set of America were changed forever when 3000 innocent people were murdered in their primes by fanatic lunatics fighting the “holy war” jihad in the name of Allah.

In 2009, Nigeria saw a blood bath, again, in the name of God when some idiots decided to kill innocent people in an attempt to stop the advancement of western technology. The leader of the faceless cult Boko Haram was “accidentally” killed in a crossfire by the Nigerian Military. Found in his possession were 6 or more different cellular phones… the same technology he was fighting to abolish!

A friend once proudly told me that he knows Nigerians could be fraudsters, con artists, drug peddlers, 419s but that “they will never blow themselves up.” Those were the good old days before Umar Farouk AbdulMutallab, a privileged son of a wealthy Nigerian decided to upgrade Nigerian CV to include international terrorism when he attempted to blow up flight 253 from Amsterdam to Detroit in the name of Allah. What a shame!

There is no ideological justification for strapping explosives in your underwear; just plain craziness and stupidity. AbdulMutallab can now meet his 70 virgins without his balls! Since he has successfully castrated himself, he should be a beautiful bride to his fellow inmate Richard Reid, the shoe-bomber. Underwear bomber meets shoe bomber.

The fact that he still has any teeth left speaks volume about American kindness. Were that to be in Nigeria, there would have been rubber tires around his neck and his burnt corpse deposited along the road. Better still, his body would have been ridden by “accidental discharge” by the Nigerian Police.

May be religion is not the problem after all, just a few deranged criminals using the name of God to commit atrocities. Food for thought.

Views: 4221

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Angela religious will never be considered as evil, this could only be possible from people like who have little knowledge or does not care about religious at all. Take the case of Osama bn Laden for example, in the religious of Islam no should not fold his arms and keep watching while his muslims brothers are tortured helplessly by the devils.(I mean the happenings in the middle east). As for Mullah Omar and the Taliban, they didn't denied women education, what they restricted women to is unsecure interractions with Men which is all gone according to the teaching of Islam. And on the Boko Haram issue, even though they go little bit harsh, they right that the Nigerian system of education is clearly contrary to the teaching of Islam. So take note.
Angel, you have beautiful face but rubish thinking, if you are to post ideas it should not be on religion becareful, even a philosopher is affraid of God the owner of Religion.
Hello guys are you still TRAPPED in this crap call Religion?Well,Religion is nothing more than a MIND CONTROL mechanism.Africans are really suffering from this thing about.Let's make it clear that there is NO JESUS CHRIST AND NO GOD.You are your own GOD.There is no need to go to the church to pray to a blue eyed
European as your saviour.That is plain IGNORANCE.Religion is a manufactured rubbish don't believe in it.Religion infact is an African Concept Stolen by Europeans from us.They want you to believe that anything European is better than you and,now you've into that trap.The European is an EVIL.There no human
ever walked on this planet as;JESUS CHRIST,ABRAHAM,KING SOLOMON,KING DAVID,MARY MAGDALENE they are all FICTITIOUS characters.Wake up Africans and don't be FOOLED by the bible.Even in the Bible if you overstand it,you'll know the charater call JESUS is a BLACK MAN.Religion is a FRAUD.
HERU(HORUS) is the real KRST(CHRIST) and he is an African.The TRINITY(FATHER ,SON AND HOLY GHOST) is a fraud.The real TRINITY is;
HERU(HORUS-SON)AUSAR(OSIRIS-FATHER AND ASET(ISI-MOTHER) is the real story.The Europeans/Americans are using Religion to control your minds.
While at the same time they are killing Africans with man made virus like;HIV,EBOLA,POLIO VACCINATIONS etc.They are not your friends but ENEMIES.
They have PLANS to EXTERMINATE BLACK PEOPLE for the sake of the the NEW WORLD ORDER.
Wake up and stand up for YOURSELVES.
Greetings.
@ Tibikimi

Your comment is too violent.
Stop generating hatred.
For the fact that religion is manmade, does not give you the right to create hatred against the Europeans or the Americans.

Without the Europeans, we the Africans will still be killing Twins, selling our brothers to slavery, putting women under bondage.

Even the Europeans once lived in bondage of Religion (in the late part of 1800 century)
Women are burnt on the cross in the name of Satan and witches.
If not for Martin Luther who started the reform lot of Europeans and American will still be in the stage we Africans are in, right now.

Before I go. Nice word from Carlin.

"Here's another question I've been pondering --
what is all this s*it about angels?
Have you heard this?
Three out of four people belive in angels. Are you fu*king stupid?
Has everybody lost their mind?
You know what I think it is?
I think it's a massive, collective, psychotic chemical flashback for all the drugs smoked, swallowed, shot, and absorbed rectally by all Americans from 1960 to 1990.
Thirty years of street drugs will get you some fu*king angels, my friend!
-- George Carlin (attributed: source unknown)

"But people do pray, and they pray for a lot of different things, you know, your sister needs an operation on her
crotch,
your brother was arrested for defecating in a mall.
But most of all, you'd really like to f*ck that hot little redhead down at the convenience store.
You know, the one with the eyepatch and the clubfoot? Can you pray for that?

I think you'd have to. And I say, fine. Pray for anything you want. Pray for anything,
but what about the Divine Plan?

Remember that?
The Divine Plan.
Long time ago, God made a Divine Plan.
Gave it a lot of thought, decided it was a good plan, put it into practice.
And for billions and billions of years, the Divine Plan has been doing just fine.

Now, you come along, and pray for something. Well suppose the thing you want isn't in God's Divine Plan?
What do you want Him to do?
Change His plan?
Just for you?
Doesn't it seem a little arrogant?
It's a Divine Plan.
What's the use of being God if every run-down shmuck with a two-dollar prayerbook can come along and f*ck up
Your Plan?
And here's something else, another problem you might have: Suppose your prayers aren't answered.
What do you say? "
Well, it's God's will."
"Thy Will Be Done."
Fine,
but if it's God's will, and He's going to do what He wants to anyway,
why the f*ck bother praying in the first place?
Seems like a big waste of time to me!
Couldn't you just skip the praying part and go right to His Will?
It's all very confusing. George Carlin (attributed: source unknown)
Edwin this is exactly what iam saying.You have been brainwashed to think this way by your oppressors.Their LIES becomes your truth and when you hear the
the truth it becomes a problem to accept it.TRUTH HURTS.Do you the Europeans like you and that's why they MANUFACTURE HIV and all other DEADLY VIRUSES
to EXTERMINATE THE AFRICANS.If you have no KNOWLEDGE about what's going on around you,then you better start to learn.I don't give a damn about people
who killed more than 600 million Africans and you talking about hatred.You plain ignorant to events.Please go to read about your history and stop begging your
oppressors.Have you heard about the BIDERBERGERS,GLOBAL 200,KING ALFRED'S PLAN REX 64,MOBB(MOBILIZING OPPOSITION TO BROWN BABIES)etc.
You are not aware of anything and you if know then you wont use that word HATRED.The European/American HATE ME AND YOU AS AFRICAN.They are killing us
without you knowing it.ED. you better start to identify who is your ENEMY and overstand who have this to us.

Edwin Aka said:
@ Tibikimi

Your comment is too violent.
Stop generating hatred.
For the fact that religion is manmade, does not give you the right to create hatred against the Europeans or the Americans.

Without the Europeans, we the Africans will still be killing Twins, selling our brothers to slavery, putting women under bondage.

Even the Europeans once lived in bondage of Religion (in the late part of 1800 century)
Women are burnt on the cross in the name of Satan and witches.
If not for Martin Luther who started the reform lot of Europeans and American will still be in the stage we Africans are in, right now.

Before I go. Nice word from Carlin.

"Here's another question I've been pondering --
what is all this s*it about angels?
Have you heard this?
Three out of four people belive in angels. Are you fu*king stupid?
Has everybody lost their mind?
You know what I think it is?
I think it's a massive, collective, psychotic chemical flashback for all the drugs smoked, swallowed, shot, and absorbed rectally by all Americans from 1960 to 1990.
Thirty years of street drugs will get you some fu*king angels, my friend!
-- George Carlin (attributed: source unknown)

"But people do pray, and they pray for a lot of different things, you know, your sister needs an operation on her
crotch,
your brother was arrested for defecating in a mall.
But most of all, you'd really like to f*ck that hot little redhead down at the convenience store.
You know, the one with the eyepatch and the clubfoot? Can you pray for that?

I think you'd have to. And I say, fine. Pray for anything you want. Pray for anything,
but what about the Divine Plan?

Remember that?
The Divine Plan.
Long time ago, God made a Divine Plan.
Gave it a lot of thought, decided it was a good plan, put it into practice.
And for billions and billions of years, the Divine Plan has been doing just fine.

Now, you come along, and pray for something. Well suppose the thing you want isn't in God's Divine Plan?
What do you want Him to do?
Change His plan?
Just for you?
Doesn't it seem a little arrogant?
It's a Divine Plan.
What's the use of being God if every run-down shmuck with a two-dollar prayerbook can come along and f*ck up
Your Plan?
And here's something else, another problem you might have: Suppose your prayers aren't answered.
What do you say? "
Well, it's God's will."
"Thy Will Be Done."
Fine,
but if it's God's will, and He's going to do what He wants to anyway,
why the f*ck bother praying in the first place?
Seems like a big waste of time to me!
Couldn't you just skip the praying part and go right to His Will?
It's all very confusing. George Carlin (attributed: source unknown)
Lovely post. I'm glad some people still read (widely). I uploaded an e book for you. Read it and share and also tell me what you think...

Edwin Aka said:
Hi all

What an interesting discussion .

Lots of you are crucifying our dear sister Angela..
Even though, she mentioned the original source of her Article "IS RELIGION REALLY EVIL? - (originally published in Vanguard)". Hence I did not see any Plagiarism.
Knowing fully well there are different way one can make references.. Harvard etc..

Back to the topic .
Religion is Man made period. Religion can be Evil if enters into the wrong hand.

E.g When Galileo defended his views in his most famous work, Dialogue Concerning the Two Chief World Systems, published in 1632, he was tried by the Inquisition(Roman Catholic Church), found "vehemently suspect of heresy," forced to recant, and spent the rest of his life under house arrest. He died prisonment.(Wiki)

"When it comes to b*******, big-time, major league b*******, you have to stand in awe of the all-time champion of false promises and exaggerated claims, religion.

No contest. No contest. Religion.
Religion easily has the greatest b******* story ever told.
Think about it. Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man living in the sky who watches everything you do, every minute of every day.
And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do.
And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time!" (George Carlin On Religion)
Attachments:
Brother Ed Chike you are spot on.Cretin(french)Christian(Latin) means;STUPID,IDIOT and MENTALLY DEFICIENT or RETARDED.
That means a christian is either STUPID,AN IDIOT or MENTALLY RETARDED person.That is exactly what they are.It is beyond any imagination how stupid can people be to believe in such a bogus story.
Peace

edward chike said:
Lovely post. I'm glad some people still read (widely). I uploaded an e book for you. Read it and share and also tell me what you think...

Edwin Aka said:
Hi all

What an interesting discussion .

Lots of you are crucifying our dear sister Angela..
Even though, she mentioned the original source of her Article "IS RELIGION REALLY EVIL? - (originally published in Vanguard)". Hence I did not see any Plagiarism.
Knowing fully well there are different way one can make references.. Harvard etc..

Back to the topic .
Religion is Man made period. Religion can be Evil if enters into the wrong hand.

E.g When Galileo defended his views in his most famous work, Dialogue Concerning the Two Chief World Systems, published in 1632, he was tried by the Inquisition(Roman Catholic Church), found "vehemently suspect of heresy," forced to recant, and spent the rest of his life under house arrest. He died prisonment.(Wiki)

"When it comes to b*******, big-time, major league b*******, you have to stand in awe of the all-time champion of false promises and exaggerated claims, religion.

No contest. No contest. Religion.
Religion easily has the greatest b******* story ever told.
Think about it. Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man living in the sky who watches everything you do, every minute of every day.
And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do.
And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time!" (George Carlin On Religion)
Would you like to join our group, Nigerian Atheists Forum? Read my uplaoded e book.

Ed Tibikimi Wasini said:
Hello guys are you still TRAPPED in this crap call Religion?Well,Religion is nothing more than a MIND CONTROL mechanism.Africans are really suffering from this thing about.Let's make it clear that there is NO JESUS CHRIST AND NO GOD.You are your own GOD.There is no need to go to the church to pray to a blue eyed
European as your saviour.That is plain IGNORANCE.Religion is a manufactured rubbish don't believe in it.Religion infact is an African Concept Stolen by Europeans from us.They want you to believe that anything European is better than you and,now you've into that trap.The European is an EVIL.There no human
ever walked on this planet as;JESUS CHRIST,ABRAHAM,KING SOLOMON,KING DAVID,MARY MAGDALENE they are all FICTITIOUS characters.Wake up Africans and don't be FOOLED by the bible.Even in the Bible if you overstand it,you'll know the charater call JESUS is a BLACK MAN.Religion is a FRAUD.
HERU(HORUS) is the real KRST(CHRIST) and he is an African.The TRINITY(FATHER ,SON AND HOLY GHOST) is a fraud.The real TRINITY is;
HERU(HORUS-SON)AUSAR(OSIRIS-FATHER AND ASET(ISI-MOTHER) is the real story.The Europeans/Americans are using Religion to control your minds.
While at the same time they are killing Africans with man made virus like;HIV,EBOLA,POLIO VACCINATIONS etc.They are not your friends but ENEMIES.
They have PLANS to EXTERMINATE BLACK PEOPLE for the sake of the the NEW WORLD ORDER.
Wake up and stand up for YOURSELVES.
Greetings.
Attachments:
Religion is not evil,what is happening in the world today is the signs of the end time,The perception of people towards what type of religion been praciced that determines their religious act.Therefore,religion is not evil but it is the people that are putting such tag on it.
@Sunny
Which time are you talking about?
Time is relative. please.

Humans started to exit in her present form just around 200,000 years ago

IRAKPO OREVAOGHENE SUNNY said:
Religion is not evil,what is happening in the world today is the signs of the end time,The perception of people towards what type of religion been praciced that determines their religious act.Therefore,religion is not evil but it is the people that are putting such tag on it.
Attachments:
Check this out ;the definition of a christian is either STUPID,AN IDIOT OR MENTALLY RETARDED OR DEFICIENT.
And what about the word church? Here it is;
The word "church" originates from "circe", the Greek Goddess who lured men into her home, turned them into beasts and feed off them. Therefore, I am under the impression that churches are meant to lure you in, turn you into something other than what you are and then feed off of you. Her worship was brought to medieval Scotland, in whose language Circe became "Kirk."The Scottish word "Kirk" becomes "Church" in English.
Wake up.

IRAKPO OREVAOGHENE SUNNY said:
This is a stimulating debate because the Bible says 'Seek ye the truth and the truth shall set you free'. The Bible equally says "My people perish because of lack of knowledge" This last quote makes me to wonder if most of the Christians will not perish in hell fire. We have been brainwashed that the Bible as the word of God was divinely inspired. However, if the christian God is real and can not tell lies how is it then that there are as many divinely inspired interpretation of "his words" as there are christian denominations/sects. I for one have concluded that "the God" does not lie and as such all the denominations/sects except for the only one truly inspired by God will perish in hellfire.

RSS

Forum Categories

© 2020   Created by Vanguard Media Ltd.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service