IS AMALGAMATION OF 1914 A BLESSING...........................

To start with, INDIRECT RULE

The pratice of indirect rule was use to colonised the country the result was as follow;

In the North it was successful.......... In the West it was partially successful............. In East it was abismal failure............

With these it is clearlly to says, that we dont have anything in common. So, why Amagamation ...............................

Views: 650

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Amalgation was done to unite the country, and we must unite and agree for this to be made possible.
My view about Amalgamation of the northen and southen protectorate. It was to enable colonial masters achieve their gold of rulling Nigeria effectively.But the revest is the case now because Nigerians are too wise to be toiled with.My kandid opinion is this, when you try a method and it fails, try another method.
Nigerians dont like change, forgetting that the only permanent thing in life is change. our leaders need to change the way they run this country, knowing that the masses are the ones at the receiving end. Like the case of the Jos crises,those who ignited it, were not the one who suffered, but innocent people who were not at the fore front, lost their lives and that of their loved ones.

Kate Ayakor said:
My view about Amalgamation of the northen and southen protectorate. It was to enable colonial masters achieve their gold of rulling Nigeria effectively.But the revest is the case now because Nigerians are too wise to be toiled with.My kandid opinion is this, when you try a method and it fails, try another method.
I dont think it was done to Unite us, it was only done out of SELFISH interest from the colonial masters. For the fact that they have as studied us and we have nothing in commnon, we are not suppose to be amalgameted or merged togerther.To divide is not easy if, not totally impossidle because of the constitution that bide us i.e FEDERAL CONSTITUTION.
I think the way out is to give POWER and AUTHORITY to individual state to Genarate revenue and runs the affairs of there state. This indirectly mean that the state we be strong and the federal we just serve as a supervisory board to all the state.
These will as such reduces the high level of CORRUPTION at the federal level and nobody cares who emerge as a PRESIDENT. Since the president is only a supervisor...............................................
Nice Post......

RSS

Forum Categories

© 2020   Created by Vanguard Media Ltd.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service