The police boss said that it had come to a point when the police would start hitting the kidnappers very hard since they had been misreading the gradual method of tackling criminalities as a sign of weakness.
“But since these criminals have decided to dare the might of the police, the might of the Federal Government, it has come to the point where we have to pay them back in their own coins,” the IGP warned, adding that the criminals must face realities (and) surrender those weapons they have, surrender the victims they have in their custody and surrender themselves to the authorities now.

I guess Onovo was waiting for journalists to be kidnapped before he perceives this as a serious problem; and where does he get off threatening innocent civilians for the failure of his roadblocks to apprehend kidnappers and armed robbers.
I am sure these kidnappers are either policemen or known to him for him to be given ultimatums the way he is doing.
I have absolutely nothing but respect for journalists, but i don't see why it is okay for the rest of us to live in fear for our lives whilst a few journalists merit Onovo heading for abia and handing out 24 hour ultimatums.
If he had the means and the will to catch these kidnappers, he should not have waited this long; why on earth would he be employing a "gradual method of tackling criminalities".
His statements depict a man so obviously incompetent even in the simple art of public relations and does therefore not posses the brain power to tackle crime.
A police boss who has not been able to enforce his own orders on checkpoints amongst his men. is issuing ultimatums to kidnappers, I think the president should fire this man immediately!!!

Views: 90

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

THE GRADUAL PROCESS WHICH HAD ALWAYS BEIGN USED IN OVER 500 CASES OF KIDNAP SHOULD BE UPHOLDED UNLESS THE IGP IS TRYING TO TELL US THAT OUR LIVES, I MEAN THE LIVES AND PROPERTIES OF THE COMMON CITIZEN MEANS NOTHING TO THE NIGERIAN POLICE. TO ME, THIS IS ANOTHER EMPTY THREAT, THAT IS MORE THAN ENOUGH ENCOURAGEMENT TO THESE KIDNAPPERS AND CAN MOBILIZE THEM TO GO AND KIDNAP MR. PRESIDENT IF THEY WANT. THE POLICE AND ALL ITS MACHINERY ARE WEAK AND SHOULD BE SEEN FOR WHAT THEY ARE,(WEAK).

RSS

Forum Categories

© 2019   Created by Vanguard Media Ltd.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service