How to solve issues with some websites not opening.

I discovered this morning that I could not open timigate.com on my phone using Google Chrome. I tried a couple of other sites and discovered that while those running on WordPress were reachable, the ones on blogger were unreachable. This got me confused. First all, how do you explain that sites hosted on a Google product(Blogger) can not be reached using another Google product(Chrome)? Secondly, I could access these sites some hours ago. To unravel this mystery, I went digging.

I cleared my browser history, clear the cache, uninstalled and re-installed Google Chrome, unfortunately the sites remained inaccessible. I tried using different browser and the sites opened successfully.
At this point, I took my mind back to two days ago when I got a complaint from a frequent blog reader about not being able to access this site on Google Chrome even though she could on Opera mini. The fact that she uses Glo and I have recently switched my data sim from MTN to Glo, after which I began noticing this issue couldn't be a mere coincidence. Could it be that Nigeria's largest indigenous telecommunications service provider has put in place a restriction on users who use Google Chrome to access sites hosted on blogger? I went a step further.
I switched my data sim back to MTN, launched Google Chrome, typed in www.timigate.com and viola, it opened. I tried a couple of other blogs hosted on blogger and they all opened. Not convinced it's a Glo issue, I switched back to Glo and the sites became inaccessible again while sites like bbc.com and other non-blogger sites were accessible. Back to MTN again and I could open the sites.  
My conclusion: Simply download Opera mini but if you have your bookmarks, username and passwords already saved in Chrome, then download SurfEasy VPN. It is free and easy to use. Apart from giving you access to the sites hitherto inaccessible, it provides all-round network protection.
Visit the link above for how to install SurfEasy VPN.

Views: 77

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It happens that particular sites have geo restrictions. On PC we can easily bypass it with any proxy or VPN but people don't know what to do on their smartphones. Personally, I use the best vpn for android and I can open most sites without problems.

RSS

Forum Categories

© 2019   Created by Vanguard Media Ltd.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service