Here are a few suggestions to help you use your study time effectively before going for an aptitude test.
1. Study alone: you will concentrate better when you work by yourself. Keep a list of questions that you cannot answer and points that
you are unsure of to talk over with a friend who is preparing for the same
exam. Plan to exchange ideas at a joint review session just before the test.
2. Don’t be distracted: disturbances caused by the family and neighbor activities (telephone call, chatting, TV programs and so on) work
to your disadvantage. Study in a quiet, private room.
3. Don’t try to learn too much in one study period. If your mind starts to wander, take a short break and then return to your work.
4. Review what you have learned. When you have studied something thoroughly, be sure to review it the next day so that the information will be
firmly fixed on your mind.
5. Answer the entire question in this book. Don’t be satisfied merely with the correct answer to each question. Do additional
research on the other choices that are given. You will broaden your background
and be more adequately prepared for the actual exam. It is quite possible that
a question on the exam that you are going to take may require you to be
familiar with the other choices.
6. Tailor your study to the subject matter. Skim or scan. Don’t study everything in the same manner. Obviously, certain areas are more
important than others.
7. Organize yourself. Make sure that your notes are in good order. Valuable time is unnecessarily consumed when you can’t find quickly
what you are looking for.
8. Keep physical fitness. You cannot retain information well when you are uncomfortable, when you have headache, or when you are
tensed. Physical health promotes mental efficiency.
9. Work your way through this book, giving special concentration to your areas of weakness, never look at answers until you have
completed answering a series of question. Study answers explanations whenever
they are supplied, this may give you extra insights, even into the question
that you answered correctly.
10. On the evening before the exam, do something pleasant and go to bed early.
Job seekers can get more Job hunting resources or tips, search for latest Jobs in Nigeria
from my blog on www.nairajobsforum.com