How can they avoid having a baby with the "SS" genotype? (a sickle cell baby)

Alice and James have been dating for 4 years now. They started making arrangements to get married. So they were asked to get their complete medical reports. When the two lover birds got their report, it was “AS” for both of them. ie both of them bears “AS”.

The issue now, is that the two persons now bear “AS” genotype. From the study of heredity in college, I was made to understand that if two people of "AS" genotypes get married, they stand the chance of bearing a "SS" genotype baby (sickle cell baby).

Alice has this to say

“My Mom had advised that we break up, if there is no way of avoiding having the sickle cell baby. My boyfriend and I would like to have at least a baby. My boyfriend and I love each other so much. I can't just imagine me, breaking up with a guy with whom I grew up for 4 years. He can't just leave me alone. We are life to each other.

We love to get married, and have at least a baby. Please, how can we get married with this "AS" genotypes, and not have the "SS" genotype baby (sickle cell baby). Please I need a way out fast. My heart is bleeding as I am asking this question. This is my true life story, what is actually happening to me now. I need answers as fast as possible please!

Aside breaking up advice, what other feasible options do we have? Please I need as many options as possible”.

Pls. people of VOC, lets try and respond to this question as fast as possible.

Views: 11458

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

to avoid this is very simple, just try to know your status b4 going into any serious relation
I dont think these two pple can get married without having an ss baby,but if they know they so much love each other that they cannot do without themselves they should get married but with very strong prayer and faith that they wont have an ss baby cos there's notting imposible 4 God to do and that will call 4 a testimony if they dont have an ss baby after marraige.
Apenda, thats a good one.

APENDA HOPE SEWUESE said:
I dont think these two pple can get married without having an ss baby,but if they know they so much love each other that they cannot do without themselves they should get married but with very strong prayer and faith that they wont have an ss baby cos there's notting imposible 4 God to do and that will call 4 a testimony if they dont have an ss baby after marraige.
The possibility of having an "SS" child is 1 of every 4 children (AA, AS, AS, SS). They can get married if they are ready to undergo the pain of serval abortions thatis getting to know the genotype of the unborn child before three months of pregnacy and if found to be of "SS" they abort till they get an "AA" or "AS" genotype child.

BUT remember,

1. God does NOT allow ABORTION
2. Nigeria Constitution does NOT allow for ABORTION
3. Broken courtship is better than broken MARRIAGE.

This is my option.......................... QUIT THE RELATIONSHIP FOR YOUR SAKE, YOUR MAN, YOUR PARENTS, THE UNBORN CHILD AND ABOVE ALL GOD.

Thank you.
Dom. thats a good advice but by Faith God can change their situations.

M. dominic (nsc) said:
The possibility of having an "SS" child is 1 of every 4 children (AA, AS, AS, SS). They can get married if they are ready to undergo the pain of serval abortions thatis getting to know the genotype of the unborn child before three months of pregnacy and if found to be of "SS" they abort till they get an "AA" or "AS" genotype child.

BUT remember,

1. God does NOT allow ABORTION
2. Nigeria Constitution does NOT allow for ABORTION
3. Broken courtship is better than broken MARRIAGE.

This is my option.......................... QUIT THE RELATIONSHIP FOR YOUR SAKE, YOUR MAN, YOUR PARENTS, THE UNBORN CHILD AND ABOVE ALL GOD.

Thank you.
Hun, this sounds like the MIGHTY WOMAN of faith. But just a second please, Jesus must have exhibited faithlessness when the devil told Him to jump down from this Mountain................... and He did not. Faith does exist in the vacuum my sister. It is ALWAYS founded on the Word of God. If you jump into Lion's den in the Zoo, simply because you have faith and like to be crowned the second Daniel, when God has not told you, you might just as well end up like the Ibadan man in 1996 or so.

So the bottom line is, is God in this whole thing call LOVE between these 2 persons? If they take time out to find out and cannot see God, the next thing for the 2 of them to do is to 'Ben Johnson' in the opposite direction. The people talking about faith, have they had an experience of an 'SS' in crisis?

God is not obliged to back up any situation He did not create.

You know that dangers lie ahead, if you blindly walk into it, then God cannot be held responsible for not shielding you from it.

Be guided accordingly! God bless you.

Bridget Nzeribe said:
where lies r faith?God have us power and authority 2 overkom any circumstances in r lives n it's left 4 u 2 speak his words.If anyone says both of u can't marry but wat did God says.....listen 2 his words n put it in2 practice.ma dear,u've got 2 blif coz there's nutin impossible 4 r God 2 do.

RSS

© 2014   Created by Vanguard Media Ltd.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service