Guinness Nigeria Plc is a major market for Diageo: Guinness Nigeria operates in the unique and fast growing alcohol industry of over 15mhl beer potential. It is the only company that does Total Beverage Alcohol (TBA) in Nigeria. It’s an on trade dominated market but with a fast growing off trade channel.
We are recruiting to fill the positions below:
Job Position: Sachet Machine Operator
Location: Benin, Edo
Type of Job: Employee
Reports To: Spirits Operations Manager
Context of the role
- They are also responsible for participating in all improvement initiatives and PIP’s in their department and for their own training and development. They will report to the Spirits Operations Manager.
- The Spirits Sachet Machine Operator will be responsible for operating, cleaning and maintaining their plant and equipment in a safety conscious manner to meet the increasing volume and quality demands in a reliable and cost efficient manner.
Purpose of the role
- To produce spirits at customer service levels, quality conformance at the right budget.
- To adopt a safe and professional approach to all aspects of the role as an individual/team player
- To apply technical, process, continuous improvement and individual/team development skills to optimize overall brewery improvement and plant performance.
- The Nigerian Spirits market is very complex with many competitors and a strong quality, cost and delivery focus
- The need to constantly reduce production cost, while maintaining high quality and delivery in a highly unionized working environment.
- Carries out the packaging of spirits in sachet and also oversees the coding of the sachets.
- Adhere to GNPLC policy and procedures for Safety, Health and Environment and hygiene to ensure a safe and efficient operating environment. Utilise and apply safe systems of working and pro-actively seek opportunities to improve work environment.
- Deliver best possible plant operation by maximising plant availability and efficiency of operation through execution of Planned Preventative Maintenance schedules.
- Demonstrate flexibility in terms of availability, attitude and work practices and assist colleagues in breakdown maintenance and solving problems on their equipment.
- Optimise finished product quality, through continuous observation and attention to detail, delivering RFT against the Global Finished Product Specification on quality and control parameters. Respond to non-conformances in a timely manner to keep process on track. Apply, record & share learning’s or RCPS Root Cause Problem Solving to prevent re-occurrence.
- Ensures both bottle and label wastes are within AOP.
- With support from Spirits Operations Manager, achieve production plans and key performance targets, and deliver agreed Customer Service levels.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Minimum of 2 to 3 years’ experience/competence in Operations, Maintenance, Process Control and Performance Measurement in a brewery, drinks or food manufacturing environment.
- OND/ Trade test (City and Guild) or any nationally recognized equivalent in any of Mechanical/ Electrical/ Instrumentation field and ideally have an appropriate qualification in Packaging, Engineering or Utilities in addition.
- Respond to change in a positive and flexible manner and sustain a positive outlook across a range of situations/challenges.
- High level of energy and commitment to team based achievement and high interpersonal effectiveness to develop & sustain robust relationships.
- Demonstrate detailed understanding of Permit to Work system and GNPLC SHE policies, statutory requirements and responsibilities.
- Demonstrate understanding of teamwork principles, continuous improvement, preventative maintenance and problem solving.
Policies highly relevant to the Supply Function:
- Environment Policy, Quality Policy, Anti-Corruption Policy, Occupational Health and Safety Policy,
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply for this position
See More Jobs Positions Here