The Globe Economic Development Council (GEDC) is committed to creating and maintaining a business climate that allows you to maximize your potential.
Globe Economic Development Council (GEDC) has evolved over the years, GEDC’s mission — increasing the flow of business, investment capital, commerce and economic exchange.
Today, we lead professionals who are working in communities to create small business jobs and develop affordable housing, real estate and community facilities projects.
Globe Economic Development Council which finances and develops affordable housing, and a portfolio of community and economic development projects.
We embrace the following core values. They reflect and support our mission, and guide our decisions, actions and provision of services:
• Social responsibility and a dedication to building healthy, just, and competitive communities
• Creation of wealth for individuals, businesses, and communities
• Advancement of both the economic development profession and professional
• Cooperation and collaboration
• Diversity, tolerance, and equity
The organization is also saddled with the responsibility of developing and delivering products and services in support of low-income individuals and communities. From Affordable Housing, to New Market Tax Credits (NMTC), small business lending, social infrastructure, technical assistance, and training, GEDC’s ability to leverage a comprehensive set of tools into a workable community/economic development strategy which has helped revitalize some of the most distressed neighborhoods in the nations of the world.
Globe Economic Development Council is an organization serving the economic development profession. From public to private, rural to urban, and local to international, our members represent the entire range of economic development experience, including:
• Regional, state, county, and city economic development organizations
• Chambers of commerce and other business support agencies
• Community and neighborhood development organizations
• Technology development agencies
• Utility companies
• Educational institutions
• Redevelopment authorities
Globe Economic Development Council promote economic well-being and quality of life for their communities, by creating, retaining and expanding jobs that facilitate growth, enhance wealth and provide a stable tax base. From public to private, rural to urban and local to international. A professional organization for economic development practitioners.