Ex. Zamfara State Governor Senator Yerima Ahmed Sanni marry 13 years old girl(minor).

Kindly advise Senator Ahmed Sanni former gov. Zamfara State to return the little girl to their parents or he should marry her to his son instead of him. The House response is awaited.

Views: 1940

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My beloved friends, come to think of the whole thing, no one has heard the little girl complaining. That is the more reason i asked the father to the girl if he gave the daughter out of fear or poverty? And to those of you fighting your selves saying it is Muslim culture, i tend to disagree cos there are good Muslim out there with human heart, not that of a Devil Like senator Ahmed. May Allah forgive him.
On a second thought, we should be happy because he is taking the shortest way out of the earth. I pray he doesn't die leaving the girl pregnant?
Thank you Bridget for concern. We must FIGHT AGAINST INHUMANITY AGAINST CHILDREN, AND GOD WILL ASSIST US ALL IN THE FIGHT.
I WONDER HOW SOME PEOPLE REASON , SOME PEOPLE CLAPS HAND FOR EVIL. THIS CAN'T HAPPEN IN MY CONTINENT TALK MORE OF MY COUNTRY. I HAVE BEEN FOLLOWING THIS CASE AS AN ACTIVIST . THAT GIRL IS FROM EGYPT AND THE FAMILY REFUSED TO HAND HER OVER TO SENATOR SANI IBRAHIM YERIMA DAKURE . MIND YOU THIS IS A KIND OF MARRIAGE OF CONVINENCE BY THE EX GOVERNOR OF ZAMFARA STATE NIGERIA AND CURRENTLY SENATOR FEDRAL REPOBLIC OF NIGERIA, SO HE PROMISED THEM OF A MOUTH WATEERING DEAL WHICH IS TO PAY 100.000 USD AS DAWRY ACORDING TO AFRICAN TRADITION OF WHICH HE LATER PAID AND THE MINOR WAS GIVEN TO HIM WITH THE BLESSING FROM THE MINORS FATHER (WWW.IFEYINKA.COM ). HE WANTED TO WED THAT GIRL IN EGYPT BUT THE EGYPTIAN GOVERNMENT REFUSED BECAUSE OF THE CHILDS AGE THEN HE TOOK THE GIRL TO NIGERIA AND GET HIM WEDED IN ISLAMIC WAY. I HAVE PETITIONED THE NIGERIAN SENATE TO SENSITIS THEM ON THE ISSUE AND THE DENGERS ASSOCIATED WITH EARLY CHILD MARIAGE/CHILD BEARING. PLEASE GENTLEMEN AND LADIES , HELP TO FIGHT AGAINST CHILD ABUSE . THIS IS A KIND OF SUBJUGATION AGAINST WOMEN .REMEMBER THAT THIS SENATOR IS STILL IN DRAGNET OF NIGERIAN (EFCC). MY QUESTION IS ,IS THIS HOW HE WILL SPEND THE TAX PAYERS MONEY HE STOLE FROM THE GOVERNMENT?.
Alicia, thank you so much for throwing more light. Most people have been looking at the whole episode from only one angle. Saying the senator is still under the dragnet of EFCC is very correct. But tell me, were these same people who are supposed to nail him not in the marriage? truely the reason for the ungodly marriage has not been made known to the whole world. Our country is always full of surprises.
To say the least, this Senator, together with the girls father should be tried and brought to book before another senator or even himself goes to marry another girl, younger than the present one. Truelly, this country is full of s***.
I believe strongly that GREED, not POVERTY let the girl's father to marry her out. Is he the only one the is poor in that community? Where are the WOMEN, like my dear Bridget asked?
Yerima: FG Moves against Underage Marriage
From Kingsley Nwezeh in Abuja, 04.23.2010

Following the recent alleged marriage of former Governor of Zamfara State, Senator Sani Yerima, to a 13-year-old Egyptian girl, the Federal Government has said it has called a stakeholders’ meeting to determine the measures to be taken against abuse of underage girls by men old enough to be their fathers.

In addition, it said legal steps to be adopted against such offenders are also being considered as a deterrent against such abusive behaviour.

Speaking at a USAID-funded roundtable to share experiences and best practices on gender dimensions of the Orphans and Vulnerable Children Programming in Nigeria, Minister of Women Affairs, Mrs Josephine Anenih, said the marriage of a senator of the Federal Republic to a 13-year-old girl was repugnant and amounted to the debasement of womanhood.

The minister, who had come under pressure from gender-based activists to tackle the issue, said: “I will call a stakeholders’ meeting to deliberate on it and find a lasting solution to it. Men, who abuse vulnerable children; men, who marry 13-year-old children; I think such men should not be spared. They should be made to face the wrath of the law.”

The minister, who was represented by the Director of Orphaned and Vulnerable Children, Mrs Oby Okwuonu, said the issue of sexual vulnerability was a function of poverty as such abuses do not usually happen to the children of the rich.
In her remarks, Country Representative of Africare, one of the partners in the project, Maisha Strozier, said the project would last for five years in 11 focal states of the federation.

“USAID through management sciences of health recently commenced a $20 million intervention package for orphans and vulnerable children in 11 Nigerian states through community-based support for OVC in Nigeria.

“In five years, it plans to reach 50 thousand OVC and 12,500 caregivers in 11 focal states following national guidelines through a variety of community-based and family-centred approaches,” she said.

The former governor, a serving senator, had allegedly married a 13-year-old Egyptian girl. Such marriage is illegal in Egypt which prompted the senator to have allegedly moved the ceremonies to Nigeria.

The union had, however, drawn flaks and outrage from Nigerians, who felt such a union was quite unbecoming of a senator of the federal republic.
So Jimoh, what are we saying?
Is this lust crazy senator going to face the music? You know laws in this country are made and kept only by the less privileged.
Saduski,
Long time... Abeg forget yerima and let him be fooling his old age. Cos he has stolen alot of money that can last generations unborn he is showing his real habit. No be this man introduce SHARIA./.... What is sharia saying about this. Meanwhile. they should focus on something better.

buzz me when u can.
Dodi said:
Paedophilia in its legitimate form shall we call this. I mean how the hell does a grown man find joy or love in a child of 13.
It is a sad development! It shows that some people are just mad in this country. Yerima already has many wives and children He was a former governor. He is presently a senator of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. Yet all he can think of now is to marry a minor! What does he want to achieve? How will he be relating to a girl of 13 years as wife? Is there not a limit to the way one can exercise his or her human rights in this country? This is the highest level of madness!!!!
one of the criteria for marriage is not age in terms of number.when adam and eve were joined together eve was 1day old!the prerequisite for marriage is maturity.the girl must reach an age whereby her physic is mature sexually.if that is reached then there is no harm.

those calling the man a pedophile and this and that,should rethink and ask themselves whether or not God himself is a pedophile according to their own judgement?!!!according to the catholic encyclopaedia the holy virgin Mary was 12 years old when she conceived Jesus!!!what do you say to that?your god must really be a 'pedophile' according to your standard.if you argue that in this age of ours,such a practice is outdated,there is no harm.if you accuse him of being backward there is no harm.in the middle east,for example,where both islam and christianity originated,a girl of 13 is mature enough to marry in those days and also because of a high mortality rate,such marriage was norm.

now if all those people shouting,'pedophile' can also shout against immorallity such as prostitution and fornication,it would really be fortunate.do you know that in our present age and society girls around 13 or even younger have already started prostitution? do you know boys and girls that young have already started to have sex? if they are willing to have sex that young and can actually have sex at that age,then what is wrong if these hyper-active sex beings are married and tamed,instead of letting them loose and f@@king in all directions threatening their lives and others' with diseases and destruction? in our present society,the earlier your daughter gets married the better.otherwise you may be keeping her for unforeseen catastrophe!there is nothing wrong in marriage.
...WELL, AS FAR AS YARIMA WILL STAY TO HIS WIVES, I DO NOT SEE ANY WRONG WITH GETTING MARIED TO A TEENAGER. MARK YOU! QUITE MANY OF HIS CALIBRE ARE ENGAGED IN ILLICIT ACT WITH SUCH YOUNG LADIES SECRETLY AND EVEN OVERTLY!!!
I THEREFORE INVITE US TO BE AGENTS IN MAINTAINING THE SANCTITY OF OUR SOCEITY IN A BETTER WAY.
ovusike ogbara said:
pls. let me spell it out for all of us, that the 13 yr old girl did not complain to any of us but she is living comfortably in her matrimonial home. Oh! what a wonderful honey moon spent, may be the day she came.
Mr. Jimoh, as u prepare to take up a second wife, remember that i am also preparing to come and collect ur wonderful daughter.

JIMOH OMEIZA TAIWO said:
NKU, let me tell u now, my first daughter is 15 now, how will i desend so low and marry my daughter below age. Allah forbid bad thing in my life. I want u to just think very well okay before posting comments. As far as am concern, Sanni Ahmed is a FORNICATOR, and is committing ADULTERY in the name of ISLAM. I am a Muslim and am preparing to marry second wife but not the same age with my daughter of 15 year old.
i believe you dont know it their CULTURAL BELIEVE. This as been happening for long, is not,,, not NEW. Live alone Yerima to do it cultural believe, so that his fore-father we be happy with him................

RSS

Forum Categories

© 2020   Created by Vanguard Media Ltd.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service