Billionaire kidnapper Evans has lost another attempt to quash his trial, but this time at a High Court in Igbosere area of Lagos State.

For the second time in a week, 'billionaire kidnapper', Chukwudumeme Onwuamadike, popularly known as Evans has lost an appeal to quash charges preferred against him and others suspects.

Evans lost again on Friday at the Lagos High Court in Igbosere.

Justice Oluwatoyin Taiwo threw out two applications filed by Evans to stop his trial.

The judge said the applications lacked merit.

These charges that the defence counsel wanted quashed are separate from the ones the Ikeja division of the Lagos High court throw out days ago. 

After the judge's decision, charges were read and Evans again pleaded not guilty. 

On November 3, Justice Hakeem Oshodi, at the court in Ikeja threw out an application to quash the trial, insisting that Evans should face trial over charges preferred against him by the Lagos State government.

The 'billionaire kidnapper' is facing charges of conspiracy and kidnap of one Duna Donatus at the Ikeja court.

Ruling on an application brought by Evans to quash the two count charges, Justice Oshodi, said a prima facie case had been established against him.

Justice Oshodi ruled that there was no merit in Evans's application and ruled it out.

Via: bouncenews

Views: 2626

Reply to This

© 2017   Created by Vanguard Media Ltd.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service