No fewer than 30 people were killed yestarday in a beer parlour in Maiduguri by members of Boko Haram.  According to reports, the members of the religious sect numbering about ten stormed the beer parlour in two cars and started shooting sporadically and leaving more than 30 killed in the aftermath.  How long can we live with this in this nation?  Something urgent needs to be done before this dis-integrates Nigeria.

Views: 313

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Is unfortunate..and shameful

Charles Ugochukwu Okere said:
They want to get the entire North islamized.  They are also not happy that a Southerner is the president.

KADRI OLUWADAMILARE PETERS said:
who are this boko haram and what do they want?
Martin, we are just saying the same thing.  Dis-integration is a gradual thing and the signs are just there.  But if we must manage this unholy marriage, then we have to come together and discuss the terms so that we respect one another's customs, traditions and religion.  No one section has the right to detect for others.  It is not acceptable.

Anthony Martin Okafor said:

The problem is deeper than you saw, was actually the british who knitted wrong combination of ropes and tightened them at the mouth of dynamite. It was made in such a way that if you try to untie the ropes forcibly, the dynamite will explode. But if you gradually loosen it, the main three ropes will fall apart. If such is what Nigerians want, Nigerians will definitely have it sooner or later. But not now we just concluded election and yet to taste run.
AGOR said:

Charles by our interation on this platform i know you are one of those few nigerians that really know where our problems lies as a people, for how long shall we continue to pretened as a people , in the 60ties and the 70ties the igbos saw it , and said no they wanted to go their way talking about the civil war, the other tribe conspired and frustrated them, today what is the story, there is no where you can bring people of diverse ethnic difference togather without a defined way on how  to exist, and  work togather . now the northerners are telling us indirectly that , they want to go because we have a president from the minority , why not Jonathan call for soverign national conference and allow these  bunch of nonentity to go, or what do the boko haram mean, when they give a complusory  condition of extablising an islamic government in the 12 northern state, secondly , overthrowing of all llegitimate and  constitutional and democratic government of the land, dose that sound rational? let me tell you here that what is keeing us togather is the oil in the niger delta for now , we are not compatible as a people and we can never be ,we differs in culture , tradition, religion, etc we must seperate and  bring an end to this crisis.

Everybody have spoken well. If boko haram is not sponsored,community based, and people oriented,believe me, there is no way they will achieve success. Their demands and all they stand for reflects the desire of their people-among whom they live and eat with

THE BIG MEN ARE STILL COMFORTABLE WITH IT.JUST WAIT, VERY SOON ONE BABANGIDA,OR ATIKU ETC WILL BE KILLED AND YOU WILL NOT HEAR OF BOKO HARAM AGAIN.

I have always been radical about the solution of Nigeria . We do not have anything in common with these northerners, so why are we patronising them .Let us go our seprate ways and let peace come.

The marriage of the North and South is simply a marriage of strange bed fellows.  The whitemen brought us together just for their selfish interest.

charles amobi nwokoro said:

I have always been radical about the solution of Nigeria . We do not have anything in common with these northerners, so why are we patronising them .Let us go our seprate ways and let peace come.

Is heart-breaking..for humans to turn canibals..in the name of boko haram. Is total madness to see these urchins..killing potentials.. Mr President has done nothing much than a passive view.
They don't feel they way you feel.  They are suicide bombers and gun runners with one belief: kill an infidel and go to heaven.  Can you know see why they derive pleasure in shedding blood?

Nnaji Ejikeme daniel said:
Is heart-breaking..for humans to turn canibals..in the name of boko haram. Is total madness to see these urchins..killing potentials.. Mr President has done nothing much than a passive view.
Na..wa..o! When will the northener region learn to stop this dere animalistic behaviour. I thnk they are d barbarians/ carnivores beings who drink & feed wit flesh. I really thnk d 2 oda regions shld team up 2do smthng 2 dem b4 d hazardous illusions they are generating on pples mind excalliate to an unquencheable hatred/fight 2wards 1 anoda.
Sure what is happening in the North should serve as a wake up call for Southerners.

RSS

Forum Categories

© 2019   Created by Vanguard Media Ltd.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service