I live in the Sultanate of Oman.  Up till around October 2009, all Nigerians in the Middle-East enjoy the AIT TV programmes such as Focus Nigeria, Minijojo, Democratic License, MTN Project Fame and other educative and informative programmes.  Incidentally around October, 2009, the Anchor of Focus Nigeria, Gbenga Aruleba was said to have been removed and replaced with Kunle Adewale but after about 2 weeks presentation, we heard that AIT management was threatened by the Federal Government that their license of operation would be revoked for instigating Nigerians in diaspora against the government through the Focus Nigeria and other programmes.  Since then, the channel had been off from our Tv sets and we have written through various media to know the true situation but up till now we have not gotten any light.  Can anybody help us to find out what really is the situation.  We have some rumours that the frequency has been changed, some people said they have stopped the transmission to outside Nigeria.  AIT is the only medium through which we have information that are valid about home (Nigeria) and since we can no more access the channel, we are in the dark.  Please help.

Views: 1861

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Brother,

The freq for AIT on Eurobird are: 12523 H, 27500, 2/3.
And for NTA: 11307 H , 27500, 2/3
Good-luck!
Thanks Davis. We have gotten this frequency through somebody too but unfortunately, the technicians here told us they have tried it and could not get it. We were told the frequency is low and could not be transmitted in Oman. It is a pity because we have missed a great deal since AIT reception in Oman had ceased. At any rate, we keep on talking to as many technicians as we found, may be one could be lucky. Thanks.

Davis I.C. said:
Brother,

The freq for AIT on Eurobird are: 12523 H, 27500, 2/3.
And for NTA: 11307 H , 27500, 2/3
Good-luck!
Hello John,
I live in Doha, Qatar and we share the same predicament. I have tried the Eurobird with the frequencies given but nothing came up. please if you discover a breakthrough do let us know. We are dying to know what is happening back home. I contacted AIT on the telephone and was told that they are not aware of the problem but since I have reported it they will let their technician know so that they can sort it out. Its been more than 2 months now and nothing has happened. I will like to hear from you if you find a way around it.
Nice Post......

RSS

Forum Categories

© 2019   Created by Vanguard Media Ltd.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service