May I prefix my statement with an excerpt from President Obama's speech at a Cairo University, Egypt (June, 2009.) On DEMOCRACY, he stated that:
"No matter where it takes hold, government of the people and by the people sets a single standard for all who hold power: you must maintain your power through consent, not coercion; you must respect the rights of minorities, and participate with a spirit of tolerance and compromise; you must place the interests of your people and the legitimate workings of the political process above your party. Without these ingredients, elections alone do not make true democracy."

Again, government ... sets a single standard for all who hold power: you must maintain your power through consent, not coercion. The events of a fortnight ago has caused stirs and rumbles of tectonic proportion across the nation. The wave of extrajudicial pronouncements - in contravention of due process of law, by INEC, in collusion with well known perennial political prostitutes, contravene this moral tenet of humanity that Obama expressed.

Here we go again, I mussed, dishearteningly. History they say repeats itself because nobody listens or those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. Four years ago, Morris Iwu was accosted for conducting what many deemed the worst election in Nigeria. I'm afraid, what we have in play today - with the Jega INEC, makes Iwu's elections a Sunday School lesson. The air is full of stench as these perennial cartel of criminals have hijacked our civilization, once again. Put simply, we are in a state of anarchy - political and social disorder due to the absence of governmental control.

My fellow country men, are we going to sit idly-by, again, while our common decency and inalienable right to choose for self is stolen by the same cartel? The answer to this should be a wholesome NO - in capital.

We must then call Jega-INEC-OBJ and Anenih to order. The water has already be tainted, therefore, we must call for an interim government to conduct and hold a true and impartial election. The wind of Cairo must blow through and across the Sahara down here. We must get ready to formerly demand the abolition of the Jonathan administration and setup of this interim caretaker government, as a minimum condition for change, otherwise, history will continue to repeat ITSELF!

This is a call for action that will grow organically to replace all traces of tyranny across the continent. After Egypt it will be Nigeria. The die is cast.

Views: 144

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Egypt and other north african countries, yes.  But Nigeria, I am afriad.  You and I are very conscious of our lives.  We cannot make such sacrifice. Many traitors will arise, capitalise on the situation and make their millions. 

The first step is for me and you agreeing that: we have an illegitimate government under the grip of a criminal cartel & a corrupt election body/process.

Even though we are enveloped in this sphere of corruption - I believe, humanity has a way of making amends.  Nigeria, though difficult, finally will follow this path.

Charles Ugochukwu Okere said:

Egypt and other north african countries, yes.  But Nigeria, I am afriad.  You and I are very conscious of our lives.  We cannot make such sacrifice. Many traitors will arise, capitalise on the situation and make their millions. 

RSS

Forum Categories

© 2020   Created by Vanguard Media Ltd.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service